The Palmyra PA Rotary club was founded in 1939, making it one of the oldest clubs in Pennsylvania. The organization meeting was held at Yingst Motel, October 16,1939. Erwin Elliott, Coudersport, PA, District Governor of the 108th district was present. At this meeting officers were elected and by-laws adopted. Charter night was held at the grade school gymnasium November 6, 1939 with 214 present. The Palmyra club was number 5131 in district 181.